Effective Date: April 25, 2018
Through the Services, Eventlify provides a simple and quick means for registered users who are event organizers, planners and charitable organizations (“Organizers”) to create event registration, organizer profile, fundraising and other webpages related to their events, to promote those pages and events to visitors or browsers of the Services and to sell tickets and registrations (or issue free registrations), and solicit donations and sell merchandise related to those events to users who wish to make purchases, registrations or donations from or to such events (including to free events) (“Attendees”). We refer to Organizers, Attendees and other visitors of the Site and Services collectively as “Users” or “you.”
This Policy does not apply to any personal data that you provide to another User or visitor through the Site or the Services or through any other means, including to Organizers on event pages or information posted by you to any public areas of the Site or the Services.
What Information Do We Collect About You and Why?
We collect information about you directly from you and from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You. For all Users we collect personal data when you voluntarily provide such information to the Site or Services, such as when you register for access to the Services, contact us with inquiries, respond to one of our surveys or browse or use certain parts of the Services. The personal data we may collect includes without limitation your name, address, email address and other information that enables Users to be personally identified.
As an Organizer we will collect additional personal data from you, for example, in some cases, we may collect your credit card information (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.), to secure certain payments. In addition, if you use our payment processing services, we will collect financial information from you (e.g., your bank account information or an address to send checks) as necessary to facilitate payments and information required for tax purposes (e.g., your taxpayer identification number).
As an Attendee we will collect additional personal data from you, including, if you register for a paid event, we will collect financial information from you (e.g., your credit card number and expiration date, billing address, etc.). In addition, Organizers can set up event registration pages to collect information from Attendees in connection with registration for an Organizer’s event listed on the Services. If an Attendee voluntarily provides that information in connection with registration for an event or otherwise, it will be available to us and will be held by us in accordance with this Policy. In addition, such information will be delivered to the Organizer of the applicable event in accordance with “How We Disclose and Transfer Your personal data: Organizers” below. You agree that we are not responsible for the actions of these Organizers, event attendees, or their Third Party Organizers (as defined below), with respect to your personal data. It is important that you review the applicable policies of the Organizers, and if applicable and available, their appointed Third Party Organizers, of an event (and the related fundraising page, if applicable) before providing personal data or other information in connection with that event or related fundraising page.
Information we obtain from other sources. We may also collect or receive personal data from third party sources, such as Organizers, other Attendees, third party web sites, social media or other third party integrations, your credit card issuing bank, our payment processing partners, credit reporting agencies or other third parties.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We may automatically collect the following information about all users of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site, and the following: access time, browser type, device ID, domain name, IP address, page views and referring URL. We may combine this information with other information that we have collected about you, including, where applicable, your user name, name, and other personal information Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information. When you register for the Services or otherwise submit personal data to us, we may associate other non-personal data (including non-personal data we collect from third parties) with your personal data. At such instance, we will treat any such combined data as personal data until such time as it can no longer be associated with you or used to identify you.
How We Use Your Personal Data
Specific Reason. If you provide personal data for a certain purpose, we may use the personal data in connection with the purpose for which it was provided. For instance, if you contact us by e-mail, we will use the personal data you provide to answer your question or resolve your problem and will respond to the email address from which the contact came.
Access and Use. If you provide personal data in order to obtain access to or use of the Services or any functionality thereof, we will use your personal data to provide you with access to or use of the Services or functionality and to monitor your use of such Services or functionality. For instance, if you supply personal data relating to your identity or qualifications to use certain portions of the Services, we will use that information to make a decision as to granting you access to use such Services and to monitor your ongoing qualification to use such Services.
Internal Business Purposes. We may use your personal data for internal business purposes, including without limitation, to help us improve the content and functionality of the Services, to better understand our Users, to improve the Services, to protect against, identify or address wrongdoing, to enforce our Terms of Service, to manage your account and provide you with customer service, and to generally manage the Services and our business.
Marketing. We may use your personal data to contact you in the future for our (or our third party partners’) marketing and advertising purposes, including without limitation, to inform you about services or events we believe might be of interest to you, to develop promotional or marketing materials and provide those materials to you, and to display content and advertising on or off the Services that we believe might be of interest to you.
Organizer Emails. We allow Organizers to use our email tools to contact Attendees for their current and past events, so you may receive emails from our system that originate with such Organizers. If you have registered for an event on the Services, your email is available to that Organizer. However, Organizers may also import the emails they have from external sources and send communications through the Services to those emails and we will deliver those communications to those emails. See “Opt Out from Electronic Communications” below on how to opt out of these communications to the extent the communications use our system. You agree that we are not responsible for the actions of these Organizers, event attendees, or their Third Party Organizers, with respect to your personal data. It is important that you review the applicable policies of the Organizers, and if applicable and available, their appointed Third Party Organizers, of an event (and the related fundraising page, if applicable) before providing personal data or other information in connection with that event or related fundraising page.
Other Purposes. In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Services, we often conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior based on personal data and other information that we have collected.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
• Users. Your user name and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, reviews, comments, and text will be available to, and searchable by, all users of the Site and Services. This means that, for example, information that you provide about yourself will be available to others event attendees, including those in your golfing group.
• Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
• Organizers. When you purchase tickets to, register for or donate to an event through the event page, or through a related fundraising page on the Services, we provide the personal data entered on the applicable event or related fundraising page to the Organizers of such event or related event landing page. For event landing pages, we may provide your personal data both to the Organizer charity of the fundraising page and the Organizer of the event to which the fundraising page is linked. In some instances, an Organizer may appoint a third party, which may or may not be affiliated with the Organizer, to create an event or fundraising page on its behalf (we call these third parties "Third Party Organizers"). For example, and without limitation, a concert venue (the Organizer, in this case) may allow third party promoters or production companies (the Third Party Organizers) to create events that will be hosted at the Organizer's venue using its Eventlify account. In that case, we may provide your personal data associated with the event to both to the Organizer, and its appointed Third Party Organizer that created the event or fundraising page. You agree that we are not responsible for the actions of these Organizers, event attendees, or their Third Party Organizers, with respect to your personal data. It is important that you review the applicable policies of the Organizers, and if applicable and available, their appointed Third Party Organizers, of an event (and the related fundraising page, if applicable) before providing personal data or other information in connection with that event or related fundraising page.
• Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We may disclose personal data to non-affiliated third parties, such as promotional partners and others with whom we have marketing or other relationships for their own marketing purposes. Those third parties may use personal data for marketing purposes, such as to market products and services that they believe would be of interest to our customers and vendors. We also may combine your personal data with other information that we obtain from third parties. This information may help us to determine what advertisements to direct to you, to place on our Site, and where to advertise our Services. We may also disclose personal data to respond to your choices, such as to inform a third party that you have withdrawn consent to receiving marketing from that third party.
• Facebook, Google and Other Third Party Connections. You can connect your Eventlify account to your accounts on third party services like Facebook and Google, in which case we may collect, use, disclose, transfer and store/retain information relating to your account with such third party services. For example, if you connect with Facebook, we store your Facebook id, first name, last name, email, location, friends list and profile picture and use them to connect with your Facebook account to provide certain functionality on the Services, like recommending events that your Facebook friends are interested in and sharing the events you are interested in, or attending, with certain groups of people like your Facebook friends.
• Legal Requirements. We may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law in order to (for example) respond to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, a court or a government agency (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) comply with a legal obligation, (b) protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of third parties, (c) prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services, (d) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users of the Services or the public, or (e) protect against legal liability.
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
• In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
• Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
International Transfers and Offshore Storage of Personal Data
We may use, disclose, process, transfer or store personal data outside the country in which it was collected, such as to the United States and other countries, which may not guarantee the same level of protection for personal data as the country in which you reside.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
• Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
• Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Third-Party Ad Networks
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content or ads on our Site or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective. Additional information is available on NAI’s and DAA’s websites accessible by the above links.
User Generated Content
We may invite you to post content on our Site or Services, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site or Services. If you post content to our Site or Services, all of the information that you post may be available to all visitors to our Site or Services. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and we cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented precautions designed to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
Eventlify may send you electronic marketing or advertising communications. You can also “opt out” of receiving these electronic communications from Eventlify by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any such electronic communication. In addition, you may also manage your email preferences at any time by logging in (or signing up and then logging in), clicking on “Account” and then “Email Preferences.” It may take up to ten (10) business days for us to process an unsubscribe request. However, Organizers who have received your personal data in accordance with this Policy may still use that personal data to contact you in accordance with their own privacy policies, but they may not use our system to do so. If you opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Organizers may use our email tools to send electronic communications to those on their email subscription lists, including Attendees who have registered for their events on the Services in the past. Although these electronic communications are sent through our system, Eventlify does not determine the content or the recipients of these electronic communications. Organizers are required to use our email tools only in accordance with all applicable laws. Eventlify provides an “Unsubscribe” link on each of these emails, which allows recipients to “opt out” of electronic communications from the particular Organizer through our system.
Certain electronic communications from Eventlify are responsive to your requests. For instance, if you are an Attendee, we must email you your registration when you purchase such ticket or registration. As a further example, if you email our customer support department, we will return your email. Notwithstanding any unsubscribe election that you have made, you will still receive these emails. You can stop receiving these types of emails only by contacting us. By electing to stop receiving all electronic communications from us or through our system you will no longer receive any updates on events you have created (including pay-out issues) or on events you are registered to attend (including emails with your tickets). We do not recommend that you do this unless you plan to no longer use the Services, are not currently registered for an event, are not currently organizing an event and will have no need to receive further communications from us or through our system. If you connect your Facebook account or sign up for other social media integrations whose product features include social notifications (i.e., updates on what your friends are doing on the Services), you will receive these social notifications. You can manage these social notifications by toggling your social settings to private or disconnecting such integration.
Special Information for California Consumers
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at the address provided below. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
Do Not Track Disclosure
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests but we do not track those who visit our Site after they leave our Site. You may disable certain tracking as discussed in this Policy (e.g., by disabling cookies). To learn more about do-not-track signals, please see https://allaboutdnt.com/.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of thirteen (13). If you are under the age of thirteen (13), please do not submit any personal data through the Services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children’s Internet usage and to help enforce our Policy by instructing their children never to provide personal data through the Services without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us through the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at:
150 N Michigan Ave.
Chicago, IL 60601
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal data we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site. Your continued use of our Site or Services or provision of further personal data constitutes your acceptance of our revised Policy.
Eventlify is the premier golf event management software that transforms the complexity of golf tournament administration into an efficient and effective process. Our cloud-based platform allows event organizers to optimize productivity, while increasing revenue and visibility.
© 2021 Eventlify, Inc. All RIghts Reserved.
Use your preferred social account: